Puppy Socialization and Training (Puppies 8 weeks to 4 months)
- Puppy Play Sessions: Controlled off-leash short play sessions (5 minutes) with other puppies in a secure environment.
- Sights and Sounds: Exposure to novel people, objects, surfaces, and sounds in a fun and positive manner.
- Health and Handling: Instruction to help you prepare your puppy to accept routine procedures at home, at the veterinary clinic, and/or grooming facility.
- Basic Puppy Manners: Training to address common puppy problems as biting, jumping, food bowl safety, house training.
CALL (530)559-8548 FOR LOCATION
Requirements: Puppies must have a minimum of one set of vaccines at least 7 days prior to the first class and deworming. They must be kept up-to-date on vaccines throughout the class.
Level 1 – Basic Pet Manners (Puppies 4+ months to Adult Dogs) 6 Week Session
- Sit, Down, Stay
- Sit to Greet
- Leave It
- Loose Leash Walking Intro
Level 2 – Dog Training Intermediate (Adult Dogs) 6 Week Session
- Sit, Down, Stay with distance, duration, and distractions
- Loose Leash Walking with distractions
- Wait before going through the front door, gate, or car door
- Level 2 will prepare you for AKC Canine Good Citizen and APDT C.L.A.S.S. BA Degree (Canine Life and Social Skills). Kathleen is an AKC Evaluator and APDT C.L.A.S.S. Instructor.
Level 3 Dog Training Advanced (Adult Dogs) 6 Week Session
- Designed for teams advancing to earning AKC Community Canine and Urban Canine Good Citizen (CGCU) Certification & APDT C.L.A.S.S. MA and Ph.D. Degrees
Impulse Control (4 months to Adult Dogs) 2 Week Session
- This two-week class centers around building a solid sit-with-release in the face of real-life distractions. Do you have a social butterfly who loves to say hello by jumping on everyone he meets? Do you have an enthusiastic door dasher? Does your dog pull on leash to greet other dogs when you are on a walk OR does your dog lunge and bark at other dogs you pass while on a walk? This two-week class focuses on your pooch learning some good manners and impulse control.
Really Reliable Recall (4 months to Adult Dogs) 2 Week Session
- Does your pooch have selective hearing? Does Fido turn his brain off in the presence of squirrels?
- If you worry that your dog won’t come when you really need him to come to this class is the foundation for putting your worries to rest.
- This 2-week class centers around building a reliable recall you will be able to use in the face of distractions.
From Leash Monsters to Leash Manners (4 months to Adult Dogs) 4 Week Session
- Be the envy of your neighborhood! The focus of this 4-week class is polite walking on leash, particularly in the presence of distractions. The goal is to give you more control when walking Fido in your neighborhood or around town. Maintain control of your dog through safe, positive leash handling and positive methods of focusing your dog’s attention.